vrijdag 6 februari 2015

Bad Habits Hard To Break

I keep holding on to what I shouldn't
Let you go, but keep you near
Broke the bonds, but kep the memory
Alive, it is my biggest fear
To loose you, you're not even mine
Illusions, hopes of having more
But this connection, thinnest line
I cut the threads, let go my wrists
Held captive by my heart and mind
The struggle, even though I'm winning
Will damage me, not be so kind
As to the things I think I feel
And know are not, so true
There's nothing left to burn
Nothing left to do
The ships of my imagination
I've left so far behind
Will haunt me still
But I'll break free, unchained
Unspoken, even better still
And leave this place, a bit more broken
My shattered soul, my bleeding heart
Knowing I'm alive, awoken
Addicted to this game, this pain
But never to return,this past
The present is my gift, but you
I have to let go, be the last
And say goodbye and carry on

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten